The Cambridge BioResource was established to support volunteer recruitment to research studies that otherwise would not have been possible using more general methods of volunteer recruitment (e.g. posters and general advertising).
Using existing material, provided by volunteers at the enrolment stage (DNA, sera, plasma), the BioResource is able to provide tailor-made cohorts of volunteers to researchers that specifically match their study criteria.
We will consider supporting studies that fall into the following categories:
- Studies that involve the recall of healthy volunteers by genotype
- Studies that involve the recall of healthy volunteers by measured phenotype (e.g. biomarkers)
- Studies that involve the recall of patients
We will NOT consider supporting studies if any of the following apply:
- You have already commenced volunteer recruitment but are failing to reach the recruitment target
- Your study requires the general recall of healthy volunteers, not specified by genotype and/or phenotype (e.g only by age, gender & lifestyle)
- Your study involves looking at genes that carry a high risk of disease penetrance
If you have any questions regarding the suitability of your study for support by the Cambridge BioResource, please email email@example.com